Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Glamorous Rooms

My family has asked me what I want for Christmas. I have a book obsession, so suggested "Glamorous Rooms" by Jan Showers.Jan Showers is a US designer, known for creating rooms that stand apart from the usual, and yet, are completely liveable and reflect her clients' lifestyles. Showers' favourite quote is "The first thing I tell my clients is that they need to look great and feel good in their own rooms, otherwise, why bother?" She is known for using luxurious fabrics, leathers, colours that are unexpected, and the ability to mix traditional with mid-20th century modern.

Glamorous Rooms showcases the elegant eclecticism of renowned designer Jan Showers’s interiors, including many projects unpublished until now.... here are some examples of her work.





No comments:

Post a Comment